20 October 2013

Autumn/Winter 2013 Favourites - Clothes and Shoes

Beauty and Accessories for this season are now covered, why not treat you to my Autumn/Winter 2013 favourite clothes and shoes?

Now anyone that knows me, knows that I am OBSESSED with jumpers - I have about a billion - and I will wear them even if it is sunny.  So Autumn and Winter are my perfect seasons, purely because I have a valid reason to be wearing a jumper - it's cold!

A couple of the pieces that are included in this post I have blogged about before but that's exactly why they're in my Favourites post :)
As I said in my previous post, my favourite colours for Autumn and Winter are burgundy and navy and just dark colours in general, however, I think by adding just one bright item to your outfit - be it a jumper, scarf or lipstick - it really does complete it.

So, enough waffling, here are my Favourites for Autumn/Winter 2013 - Part 2!



Clothes: The Jumpers


Pale Orange Big Knit: Topshop

Bright Blue Crop: Topshop

Fur Gilet: Forever 21

The pale orange big knit Topshop jumper is a new purchase, especially for Autumn/Winter 2013 and I love it.  My skin is so sensitive when it comes to knitted clothing and I can rarely find a jumper that I can wear without having to wear a long sleeved top underneath so I was so happy when I came across this one.  The only downside to wearing it is when it is worn with black leggings it malts ALL over them so be careful!

The bright blue cropped jumper has got to be up there with a statement piece.  This is a good example of when you're wearing a dark outfit, how to brighten it up.  As it is cropped, I normally wear it with jeans but if I decide to wear it with leggings, I normally throw a cream chiffon shirt underneath - love this!

Now, I know the fur gilet is not technically a jumper but it's outerwear so who cares!  I bought this last year as an impulse buy when I was browsing around London and I think it is great for Winter.  I think everyone should own at least one bit of fur (faux obviously!) and whip it out when it's getting colder.

Clothes: The Bottoms

Burgundy Leggings: Topshop

Patterned Trousers: Topshop

I'm literally obsessed with these burgundy leggings from Topshop because they go with almost everything and completely fit in with the colour trends of this season.  They are a bit thicker than normal leggings which I prefer because I'm always scared of wearing short tops with leggings as they are normally see through - but with these you can!

The patterned Topshop trousers are also a new purchase and they are one of the comfiest pairs of trousers I think I have ever bought.  They're made of like a jersey material and so basically feel like you're wearing pyjama trousers which is so perfect for a 9am lecture after a big night out!  I normally just put them with a plain black top as they are quite a statement in themselves, and a pair of black Chelsea boots.

Accessories: The Shoes

Brown Chelsea Boots: Topshop

Black Chelsea Boots: Topshop

Heeled Boots: New Look

Now, you'd have to be blind not to see that I'm a little bit obsessed with boots.  I think they are the perfect shoes for when it gets a little bit chilly and they add a bit more style to your outfit than Uggs would (even though Uggs are heaven sent - yep, I admit my love for them).

My brown Chelsea boots are possible one of my most worn pair of shoes (as you can probably see - they're a bit battered) but to be honest, I don't really like it when shoes look absolutely brand new and perfect, they should look loved.  I've had to polish and get these re-heeled so many times its ridiculous but they're so comfortable and perfect for when it gets cold.

As I had such a love for my brown Chelsea boots, I thought why not get a pair in black as well?  So my black pair are exactly the same as my brown ones, just a bit more new.  I got them only recently but wear them all the time because, like my brown ones, they are so so comfortable.  If you don't have at least one pair of Chelsea boots, you HAVE to get some - definitely a worthwhile investment.

My heeled boots are also one of my favourite pairs of shoes because they can be dressed up or down.  I can wear them with a pair of jeans to a lecture or put them with some leather leggings and wear them on a night out (which is what I did recently).  They are so comfortable and have a reasonable heel so basically, you get the best of both worlds!

And there we have it, my Autumn/Winter 2013 favourites.  I hope this gives you an insight into what I'll be wearing this season and why I probably keep wearing the same things over and over again!

 photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...