16 October 2013

Autumn/Winter 2013 Favourites - Beauty and Accessories

As we slowly approach the darker and colder mornings and the need to stay in bed just that little bit longer, I thought it was about time I did a Favourites post.
I always say that Autumn is my favourite time of the year because I love wrapping up in jumpers and scarves and having that snug feeling (however I am not a fan of waking up and it still being dark outside)!

As I can foresee this being a ridiculously long post, I am going to split it into Beauty and Accessories and then do another post focussing on clothes!

So here are some of my favourite beauty products and accessories for this time of the year, as well as what I think the main colour trends are going to be...enjoy!



The Colours

For me, the main colour trend of this season has to be that rich burgundy/deep berry red.  I have leggings, jumpers, nail polishes and lipsticks all in this colour and I absolutely love it.

I think that another main colour trend is going to be deep navy and again, I have so many products that are in this colour which I absolutely love.  Basically, I'm a lover of all colours dark and rich when it comes to Autumn/Winter so don't expect to see me in anything bright!

Beauty: The Nails

I have to say I have five favourites when it comes to Autumn/Winter nail colours and these are Chanel Le Vernis in Rouge Noir, Barry M Grey, Barry M Navy, OPI Ink and OPI Rainbow Collection.

(Unfortunately I don't have a picture of the Barry M Grey but along the bottom L-R: Barry M Navy with OPI Rainbow Collection on little finger, Chanel Rouge Noir, OPI Ink)

Chanel Le Vernis in Rouge Noir I think has to be one of my all time favourite nail polishes.  It keeps in trend with the burgundy colour and has such a nice finish to it.

Barry M Grey and Barry M Navy also are two of my favourite polishes as they are sort of like an alternative to black.  The grey is quite a dull colour but is so shiny that it doesn't seem dull when it's on and the navy has a bit of sparkle to it - perfect for Christmas time!

The OPI Ink also has a bit of glitter in it and is the nail polish I wore for my Freshers Ball (post below) - this is also a great replacement for black and is such good quality.
The OPI Rainbow Collection is a full on glitter top coat nail polish which is full of colours and shapes to give your nails just that extra POW.  I love wearing this around Christmas and I always wear it on just one finger or my thumb.

Beauty: The Make Up

There are only two products that I really think are perfect for Autumn/Winter and they are NARS blush in Outlaw and Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick in 107 (you can definitely see my love for burgundy now)!

I only recently switched from using NARS Orgasm blush (embarrassing asking for that at the counter) to using Outlaw but it was definitely worth it.  Outlaw is a bit more pinky and makes your cheeks just that little bit more rosy which I think is perfect for Autumn!

I bought the Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick in 107 only recently as well after using my flatmates and completely falling in love with it.  It is a berry red and is one of those lipsticks that stays on the entire day without smudging - definitely a must have.

Fashion: The Accessories

I am a huge fan of a big scarf so this time of the year is so perfect for me.  I have two which I am currently obsessed with; one from H&M and the other from Topshop.  The H&M scarf is perfect for fitting in with the Tartan trend and the Topshop scarf can be worn with anything to make it look wintery.


My other favourite accessory for Autumn/Winter are my leather gloves.  I was always put off buying leather gloves because I thought they made my hands look really creepy but I've wanted some for so many years I thought I would just embrace it and buy some - so I did!  Mine are from Topshop and I'm absolutely in love with them!



Well I hope this gave you an insight into what I'm loving this season and I will do another post with my favourite pieces of clothing (and maybe some shoes) very soon...so keep an eye out!!

 photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...