15 January 2016

A DAY OUT: THE SHARD, LONDON







Oh I do love living near London! Although I am in Nottingham for most of the year, my real home is just outside of London which makes it so easy to have a day (or just an afternoon) in the city. 
Although pretty cold, me and my family took a trip up the Shard recently, followed by dinner at Aqua; one of the restaurants on the 33rd Floor.
Luckily, the weather was beautiful (very rare) and we had the most amazing view as the sun set (even more rare)! 
If anyone is in London soon, a trip up the Shard is a must. You get an all round view of London, can have afternoon tea - or cocktails if that's more your thing; it definitely is mine - overlooking the Thames and just appreciate the city that we call our capital!

I would say, however, try and make sure you visit in the Spring/Summer as there is more of a guarantee of nicer weather. We were very lucky with this Winter day!

ktcrossthwaite x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...