10 April 2015

Lifestyle: What's Been Happening?

So recently I have gone a bit MIA.  In fact, very MIA as I have only posted once this year and it is already April (can we have a moment - how is it already April?!)
I thought I would post a little update of what's been happening in my life that has meant blogging has had to take a back seat.  Nothing big or exciting really has been happening, just the standard stresses and jobs of being a university student!


Work - and a lot of it!
So the standard "well that's what you're at uni for" has been said quite a lot as I complain constantly about the amount of work I have to do.  Compared to most people I know, the work on my course (Fashion Marketing and Branding) is pretty minor but trust me, it takes its toll.

#oceandevotion
Now if you don't know Nottingham Trent University you won't know the standard Wednesday Social nights to Ocean.  Uni is not uni without a bit of social life right?  Ocean Wednesdays mean dressing up in all sorts of costumes and themes and heading out to the grimiest club in Nottingham with your social group, friends or sports team (with me it's normally Lacrosse). Having the two weeks off for Easter has definitely helped me detox.

 ^^ Just an example of the lengths I'll got to to be an Alien ^^

Sleep Deprivation
Now tell me if anyone else gets this.  I could have the best night's sleep and still be EXHAUSTED.  What's up with that?! Nap galore.

Hair Modelling
The train was my best friend at the beginning of this year as I was constantly going home to help out my local hair salon, Headlines, with one of their entries for the L'Oreal Colour Trophy Young Colourist Award.  16 hours in total sitting in the hair salon with 10 different colours put on my head, the entry was submitted and the colourist, Katie Grogan, got through! I have been kindly invited to the Finals where she will collect a little something for becoming a finalist - an outfit post will follow.


Trips
As well as heading home various times since Christmas, I have also visited Newcastle, the London Beauty Expo at the ExCel, Vogue House for a meeting about work experience (aka I will be playing the role of Anne Hathaway in The Devil Wears Prada. Basically.) and I have just got back from a ski trip to Serre Chevalier with my family.


Obviously my Instagram (@ktcrossthwaite) is still used daily.  Whether that's me posting pictures of my food, outfits or make up, no doubt there will be a post at least every two days.

So this is my pledge: I will post more on my blog.  I will not forget about it.

 photo d48a3143-a9df-430c-9ae2-e54c643a65fb.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...