22 December 2014

My Year: 2014

Now here goes my summary of what has happened over the past year.  I can safely say this year was probably the biggest rollercoaster known to man and there is no possible way I will be able to summarise it in detail in one blog post - but I'm going to give it a good go and split it into four quarters...!
To summarise though: a house move, a visit to New York, a boyfriend, sports tour, McBusted, my 20th, my best friends 18th, Glasto, multiple holidays, an ex boyfriend, second year, a momentous amount of drama, a visit to Milan, and now some peace.

The First Quarter - January to March

My year started off as many peoples years start off: a bit worse for wear. But over the next three months, a lot happened.  I visited New York with my course which was amazing, but absolutely FREEZING.  I'm talking, colder than the Arctic.  Then, me and my family moved house (into my grandparents old house), I went back for my second term of uni, me and my friends finally got our second year house sorted, I met a very nice boy and I visited my friend in Newcastle - a lot for the first three months...!


 The Second Quarter - April to June

This was just as packed as the first three months.  I went on sports tour to Lloret de Mar which was incredible (although I got severely burnt - wear sun cream at all times), I saw McBusted live, I turned 20 with all my friends and family in Notts with me, I discovered Frozen and I finished my first year of university! Then I was back home and seeing One Direction with my sister, going up the Shard for my best friends 18th, doing the Race For Life for the billionth time, getting a little worse for wear at my best friends 18th party (whoops) and OF COURSE GLASTONBURY.  If someone asked me what Glasto is like, I don't think I could explain it any other way than incredible.  And considering my sister, my mum, my dad and me were there made it that bit more amazing.
I think this three months was one of the best quarters of my 2014 - everyone involved and everything I did made it amazing.

The Third Quarter - July to September

This quarter of my year was a complete mixture.  My summer was filled with holidays and always doing something.  So it started with my sister's 22nd party, my boyfriend visiting London and being VERY touristy, a busy two weeks at Debenhams PR office, finally coming into the 21st Century and getting an iPhone, a lot of BBQs, a lot of drinking and just an amazing start to summer.
Then Latitude festival (which was so much fun), Crete with my family, the Lake District with my parents, Mallorca with my best friend and Portugal with my family and our family friends.  All of these holidays just made the most amazing summer I could ask for.
Then it was back home and basically back to uni for my second year!
After shoving the car full with a ridiculous amount of stuff I was back up in Notts moving into my second year house.
Second year started off...interesting.  Me and my boyfriend split (don't worry guys, still great friends), a lot of nights out happened, just an absolute whirlwind of a start. Oh, and I discovered my addiction for Avocados.

The Last Quarter - October to December

I think we can safely say September/October were my mayhem months and then after that I kind of calmed down a lot.  So many Ocean Social nights (my Ocean Devotion is on point at the moment), so many cosy nights in with my girls and I guess the past few months I've realised I need to take time to myself and I've loved it.  I currently have no bad blood with anyone, no drama, nothing.  And it's great!  In October I visited Milan with my course which was the most hilarious trip ever, my two best friends came to visit me in Notts, and I just ended my uni term on such a high.
Since I've been home from uni there's just been a lot of food, alcohol, family time and getting Christmassy!

So as you can quite clearly see, quite a whirlwind of a year but, if I'm honest, I wouldn't have changed anything.  Everything that has happened this year has made me realise something else and that's all I could ask for (even though that's so cheesy).

And I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who has looked after me, made me realise something, and just to all the people I've met over the past year, because that is a LOT of people.

Here's to maybe a less drama-filled 2015, but an amazing one regardless.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE.

I hope your years have been what you hoped for!

 photo d48a3143-a9df-430c-9ae2-e54c643a65fb.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...