17 September 2014

Thierry Mugler #BewareOfAngels



A few weeks ago the Thierry Mugler team contacted me about their new collaboration between their scent, Angel and new muse, Georgia May Jagger.  The campaign, named Beware Of Angels, is Mugler's way of sliding away from their sultry image and entering a more rebellious and edgy side.
Obviously, I was thrilled to be contacted as I am a long-term Thierry Mugler fan with my favourite fragrance of about 7 years being Alien.  However, after receiving a teeny tiny bottle of Angel, I can foresee it being finished very soon!

Angel is all about living in a dream-like world where anything goes and is meant to epitomize Thierry Mugler's imagination.  Mugler's main vision with the scent and the campaign is to link childhood memories with infinite ideas; the transition from being a woman to, in the brand's words, "a glamorous and fascinating multi-faceted heroin" - a metamorphosis.
It is all about femininity, seduction and what it is like to be a woman, so I was extremely grateful to be asked to be a part of it.
(no, I didn't plan my nails to match the product - what a delightful coincidence!)

With the help of the Mugler team, I have composed a few questions so you all know and understand what the campaign and brand is about.

1. What makes you feel glamorous?
This is a hard one.  I know a lot of people would answer something really deep about what makes them feel internally glamorous and of course there are things in my life that do that to me.  But what REALLY makes me feel glamorous is getting all dressed up; putting on my favourite dress, highest heels, full make up - making myself feel really good about myself.  Confidence comes from within, and I highly believe in that.  But when you're dressed up to the nines and look in the mirror and think "yeah, I look great", then my confidence shines through and then I can act and feel glamorous inside and out.

2. As you've got older, how have you evolved into becoming a woman?
I am only 20 years old so I don't really think I can say I have fully grown into a woman and am some inspiring female, but I do like to think I have changed (in a good way) over the years.  I went to an all girls secondary school, a college that was mostly girls and now I'm doing a uni course which is 99% girls - that's what you get when you choose to do fashion - and so I've grown up in basically a female world.  Now, don't get me wrong, I have male friends, but during all of my teenage years when I've gone from being a child to a teenager and now to an adult, I've been around girls and women.  Those years are when most people are trying to figure themselves out and I think, being quite a girly girl, being around loads of females, it has definitely helped me to evolve into, what I hope, is a strong woman and has helped me to come out of my shy little shell.

3. What advice would you give to any girls younger than you?
Like I said, I'm only 20 years old so I'm not a wise old owl but it's human nature to want to give advice so here's mine and it may sound plain and simple but BE YOU.  Be different, be unique, be anything you want to be, be a unicorn if you want to; just be you.

4, Who do you class as a female role model in your life?
Obviously I am going to say the women in my family, my gran, my mum and my older sister.  But also anyone that has changed my life for the better and given me advice.

5. What does the Angel woman evoke to you?
The Angel woman is a woman who is not afraid to be herself, is strong, a bit rebellious, not afraid of what people are going to say about her, independent and loyal.

So, once again, I'd like to thank Thierry Mugler for contacting me about this campaign and remember....#BewareOfAngels!

 photo d48a3143-a9df-430c-9ae2-e54c643a65fb.png

P.s Please check out all of the Thierry Mugler social media sites which are linked here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...