21 August 2014

Summer Favourites!

I've never really done a proper favourites post (maybe one a while ago) and so I thought what better time to do one then for summer!

This favourites is just going to be a general one, so anything I have been loving this summer whether that's books, nail polishes, clothes or beauty products.

Here we go...


 Make Up

 MAC Prep+Prime face primer - This is absolutely a life saver when it comes to keeping your make up in place throughout the day.  Put it on after moisturiser and before any make up and it'll not only keep your make up in place but leaves your skin SUPER soft

Lip Colours - R-L: Bobbi Brown Matte in Jenna, Maybelline in Coral Fever, MAC in Brave - I've been using these three to death over the past few months.  The matte red Bobbi Brown is perfect for the transition from summer to autumn, the coral is a subtle hint which goes absolutely perfectly with a tan and the pink MAC is just perfect for every day

Neutral Eye Shades - MAC Palette - I'm so sorry but I can't remember the name of any of these shades as MAC has about 30,000 but this was just to show what colours I have been loving on my eyes recently.  I've been keeping it very subtle with pinks, taupes and browns and keeping the black to a minimum

Eye Cream - Only recently have I found this product but OH MY GOSH is it amazing.  I have very sensitive skin around my eyes and it gets so dry, especially during the extreme seasons like summer and winter.  This is so moisturising, so refreshing and just feels like it's doing a whole lotta good

Hands


Nail Polishes - These have been the colours I have been going back to again and again.  Everyone knows I am the Queen of nail polishes and during summer I've been keeping it very bright and pale.  I've become a huge fan of white nails especially and they've been looking perfect with a tan.  In these photos I am wearing the brown OPI one which is just great for when you want something to go with everything

Hand Cream - Now I'm very much a Soap and Glory newbie but I am slowly learning to love certain products.  I got so many minis for Christmas and have been slowly getting through them.  This has to be my favourite hand cream at the moment because it smells DIVINE and soaks in so well (and fits perfectly in my handbag)

Body

Body Lotion - For some reason my skin did not take well to the sun on my holiday and decided to get very very dry.  I was moisturising every day but I was not drinking enough water (vital) and so when I got home I dried up like a prune (mmm).  This came to my rescue.  A good exfoliation and layers of this and within like 3 days I was back to normal

Hair

Shampoo and Conditioner - Keeping your hair nice in the sun is an absolute must and the way to do this is to use sun protecting shampoo and conditioner.  This will stop your hair from drastically changing colour and will not make it dry out with the sea salt and sun.  This shampoo and conditioner is perfect for my hair (which is coloured to death) and is the perfect size to take away

Accessories

Shoes - No doubt I've spoken about these before but they are and will be for a very long time, my favourite flats.  From River Island and not pricey at all, they are the perfect middle ground of gladiator and full shoe.  And, you don't have to worry about not painting your toe nails

Bag - BOX CLUTCHES.  They are my fave.  I got this for my birthday from Coast and it is the best.  It can't fit the world in it but it can fit everything you may need on a dinner date or night out.  I JUST LOVE LITTLE BOX CLUTCHES

Jewellery - Layered necklaces are to die for.  I've been wearing them at festivals, out for meals, in the day - anywhere! All of these are from Topshop and they're just the perfect lengths to wear all together.  I am obsessed with them

Bookworm

John Green - Not too long ago I picked up The Fault in Our Stars without any knowledge of it and oh my goodness did I fall in love!  My flatmate then lent me Looking for Alaska (which I read within like a week) and Paper Towns (which I completed just recently).  I'm now onto An Abundance of Katherines and then I'll be onto the last one I have, Will Grayson, Will Grayson.  I cannot sing John Green's praises enough - one of my faves for sure


What have been your favourites this summer?


 photo d48a3143-a9df-430c-9ae2-e54c643a65fb.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...