7 March 2014

It's Pamper Time!

So it's got to that time of the year where the season of stuffing your face and getting attacked by the cold weather is finally coming to a slow end (very slow, I seem to still be doing all those things).  Starting the new year means turning over a new leaf and one of my many new years resolutions was to be just that little bit kinder to myself - whether that means drinking more water, going to the gym or just making sure I'm getting enough rest.

Now I know we're already well into February but better late than never to start (I've also had the crazy back to uni weeks which has not been kind to me or my bank balance) and I thought why not treat myself to a few pamper nights.

There are a few nights in the week, believe it or not, where I find myself doing absolutely nothing and how better to spend these nights than having a little pamper sesh!
So I headed to my local Boots store and found some Montagne Jeunesse mud masks, and they were on offer - every bloggers dream!
After what felt like hours of trying to decide which to get, I settled for the Nut Oil Masque and the Very Berry mask which are both moisturising mud masks which I desperately needed as the cold wind had taken all sorts of moisture out of my skin.


So, I settled down in the comfort of my uni room and applied the Nut Oil Masque first and then about a week later applied the Very Berry one and I can safely say that they have done the world of good.  I have used these mud masks before and every time I feel refreshed and my skin feels just that little bit more rejuvenated.


In the packet you get plenty for a one night pamper session and, I think, if you used it sparingly, you'd be able to maybe squeeze a second night out of it.  The mask itself is quite thick and gloopy but, to be honest, this is what you look for in a mud mask - you don't want a liquidy mess!  It goes onto the skin so nicely (although gets all over your fingers) and then within about 10-15 minutes it has completely hardened so don't try and move your face because you definitely won't be able to!

After it's hardened I filled up my sink with warm water and got some cotton pads and took it off with them.  It took quite a while to take it off this way but it was much less hassle then splashing my face.  Then, after it was eventually all off, I patted my face dry with a towel and applied some Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel and I felt as fresh as a daisy!


So if I were you, I'd head down to Boots or Superdrug and get yourself a couple of these because let's face it, we all need a pamper every now and then!

 photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...