10 January 2014

My Post-Shower/Pre-Bedtime Routine

Now I know a lot of blogs do their post-shower and pre-bedtime routines so I thought I would jump on the bandwagon and do one myself!

The reason I have combined the two is because they're basically the same.  I never really have got into the habit of having certain routines until quite recently when I discovered certain products that worked so well for me.  So many people have millions of lotions and potions which they slap on their skin straight after a shower or before they jump between the sheets but personally I like to stick to only a few.

I personally don't think it is that healthy to clog up your skin with all sorts of creams that are meant to help with this and that and also, once you start using a product all the time, your skin becomes reliant on that product, so if you decide to stop using it, your skin will be like WHAT?!

So here is an insight into the few products that I do religiously use (but as I say in all my skin posts, these products work on my skin, they may not work on everyone's as they're dependant on your skin type)!



Neutrogena Visibly Clear Spot Stress Control 3-in-1 Daily Cleansing Lotion:
This product I have ranted and raved about in so many different posts it's ridiculous but it just works so well with my skin type.  It is a daily cleanser from Neutrogena's Visibly Clear range and I just absolutely love it.  I have been using this products for countless years and it clears up my skin so well.  The only downside I would say about this product is that if I don't use it for a few days, I will start to break out.  So my skin kind of relies on it!  But it does clear up my skin and keeps it super soft!
I use this after my showers when my pores are open, before bed and in the morning.


Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel:
Now this was only a very recent buy (from New York) because I thought I should treat myself to a nice new face moisturiser.  Previously I have been using a Garnier Moisture Match one but sadly ran out so I thought I would be nice to myself and buy this one.  I was a bit put off buying it as it says for combination to oily skin types and my skin is definitely more dry to combination but as I had used it in the past and knew it worked for me, I thought why not!  
I use this product right before bed and before I put any make up on my face.  I sometimes just use it throughout the day if my skin is particularly dry.  Luckily you only need one or two pumps to cover your whole face so this will last me a while!


Chanel Chance Body Satin Cream:
This is also a new product which I got as a present for Christmas.  It is a HUGE tub of Chanel Moisturiser in their Chance fragrance which I absolutely adore!  I always try and moisturise as much as I can as, like I said, my skin can get quite dry (especially in the cold weather) and so I've been trying to use this as much as possible.
I normally use this all over my body straight after a shower and then just whenever my skin needs moisture!


eos Lip Balms:
These were also a purchase from New York as I have always wanted one as they're raved about so much.  These eos lip balms are literally a God send.  They're so easy to carry around, smell amazing and are so good when it comes to that time when your lips are as dry as the Sahara.  I bought two back with me, the green one on the left is Honeysuckle and Honeydew and the red one on the right is Summer Fruits.  I'm currently using the Honeysuckle and Honeydew but I wanted to return with every single scent.
These I just carry around with me all day every day and apply them 24/7.


Benefit It's Potent Eye Cream:
I've had this product for ages just sitting at the bottom of my make up collection and have only just rediscovered it.  It's only a tiny pot as I think it came as a set of minis but once it has run out I'm definitely going to buy a big pot.  It is meant to decrease the look of dark circles and help to stop you looking tired which I desperately need at the moment!
I apply a small dab around the bottom of my eyes before bed and before I apply any make up.


So there is just an insight into my post-shower and pre-bedtime routine and how I attempt to look mildly acceptable - hope you've enjoyed!

 photo signature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...